What is involved in Online Learning with the Prairie South Virtual School?
Taking a class in the virtual school involves the following:
- Logging into the course management system called Moodle
- Reading over the outline in the Moodle course
- Building a work/study schedule – what work do you need to do weekly so that you can complete the course successfully in the course timeframe?
- Spending 5 - 10 hours a week working on the course
- Follow the work/study schedule by:
- reading and doing the assignments
- submitting assignments (scan , fax, or audio recording) on-time
- asking your teacher questions via email
- review the returned work and redo the questions/work which needs improvement
- Do not procrastinate – follow your work/study schedule. Due dates are very important and you will be held accountable (within reason) to follow your due dates.
- All courses will have content in the Moodle class and some will have a text book which will be shipped to you.
Somethings to keep in mind:
- You are responsible for your learning
- You need a computer and interent at home
- Online teachers are available to help facilitate your learning by answering questions. You must ask questions!!
Self-Assessment - Is Online Learning For Me?
- Take this quiz to find out if you are ready to take online classes. Self Assessment 1